Friday, April 3, 2009

Wherein I agree with the Huffington Post

Somewhat to my surprise. Not much to add. Maybe to point out that

"But it seems to me that this cycle of doubt itself, rather than fundamentals of
the economy, is partly to blame for the dizzying decline in the market averages
and the associated fallout"


sounds like a John McCain quote that the Democrats blasted as "out of touch".


The economic badmouthing has been going on for years. (Checkout most Paul Krugman editorials for the last 8 years) My wife and I can hardly watch the TV news anymore - it's all bad, or spun to be bad. For example, after dire warnings of doom, the California snowpack was just measured at 81% - 85% of normal, which I'm sure is well within a normal range. Yet the article highlights water official's worries. They are paid to worry about water, and it fits the paper's need to create doom and gloom.

No comments: